Friday, January 15, 2010

Flashback from Winter to Autumn






Autumn seemed like it was just yesterday... I was taking photos of the foliage and then moments later the leaves were falling... gone. The holidays were a whirlwind and at some point during the transition of seasons I decided to bite the bullet and pursue a new and fascinating hobby. The bees will arrive in the second week of May. I'm sure the time will fly by while I frantically try to fill my head with bee knowledge that I hope to pick up from books and the internet. I'm certain it won't compare to what the experience itself will teach me. The man I am getting the bees from tells me that beekeeping is all about overcoming fear and apprehension. Isn't that what life is all about too?

second photo= future hive location- we have some brush clearing to do before spring arrives...

No comments:

Post a Comment