Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week Word- Nostalgic


My generation could go on and on with 80's nostalgia... E.T. , Sesame Street, The Electric Company, Saturday Morning Cartoons, toys and action figures, shoe and clothing fads, hairstyles, etc.

But the most nostalgic for me is a where and with whom activity:


That was at the reservoir, in a canoe, with my dad.

Fishing, bird and turtle watching.




Dad in his kayak

These moments with my son, seeing him enjoy and appreciate the natural world help me to relive those experiences. They remind me to never lose that sense of wonder that the world can bring.
Thank you Christine for a great week word :) To see Christine's and more interpretations of this week's weekword, visit Christine's blog at- silverlinings4me

6 comments:

  1. what a beautiful way to share generations! i always loved fishing with my father, and when he took my oldest as a young boy, casting them off intot he lake was such a special moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great visit with the turtle and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful post. Made me extremely nostalgic for all the camping trips in the Sierras with my family and washing the car with my dad. I loved washing the cars with him all by myself like I was an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovley post. fishing is kind of nostagia for me aswell, but I never enjoyed it cause I had to sit still and be silent in the boat.thanks for reminding me:)

    ReplyDelete