Thursday, June 10, 2010

Week WORD- TRANSPARENT

Week WORD- TRANSPARENT

The following are playing week word (so far)
Click them to see their interpretations unveiled on Friday.
I can't wait to see!


Please leave a comment if you would still like to join in.

Elisabeth will be hosting for the new word on Monday.




I very much wanted to make a painting but time didn't allow...
I still plan to. Until then,

This is our Catalpa tree. It has delicate, white, orchid-like flowers
which are blooming now and big beautiful heart-shaped leaves.
I love how the sun tries to shine through them.
Which is where I make the connection to week word. :)
transparent.

I learned that the Catalpa worm or caterpillar that lives on these trees
is a favorite bait for some anglers.
Some even propagate Catalpas and have orchards of them
just to harvest the caterpillars for bait.
I just like to look at ours and watch it change with the seasons
at its own pace.

Catalpas have long seed pods that hang down from the tree.
The pods split open in the spring releasing hundreds of feathery,
propeller like seeds that blow around everywhere.
Then the pods finally drop in late summer.

Unlike most trees, the Catalpa is the last to grow its leaves in the spring.
Its foliage does not change color like other deciduous trees.
Instead it drops all of its large green leaves in one day
usually after the first hard frost.
It makes a big mess of huge leaves in our driveway,
but we only have to clean up after it once :)


11 comments:

  1. I want to play! I'll unveil mine in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way You see nature. You manage to have relations with details and Life, it feels so sincere!
    Thank You for transparent.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo. I love trees! I just posted a poem (Joyce Kilmer's) yesterday about trees. :-) And I agree with Hanna, you do a lovely job of capturing nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how the sun comes through the leaves. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for joining in :) My photo would better suit "translucent" in my opinion, now that I put more thought into it. :) If anyone wants to do more interpretations for lack of time (myself included) let me know and I will link you again. It will just be a regular post but will reserve the opportunity for you to share any other ideas/interpretations that you may have wanted to. :) There I go, probably breaking the rules again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tree. Is it big enough that you can sit under it and read? Great weekword.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's at least 20 feet tall. It's an old soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your descriptions. There is such a peacefulness and acceptance to how you see the world. You appreciate it just as it is. You don't embellish you instead really observe and it reveals itself to you in all of its splendor. I love that about you.
    Thanks for a great weekword Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah...it IS a small world, huh? I haven't read a lot of Kierkegaard but what I have read, I do really like. I love meeting people through their blogs who are kindred spirits. Hope your weekend is going wonderfully! B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all :) Looking forward to Elisabeth's Week Word- Dream.
    Hope to see you all linked there Friday :)

    ReplyDelete