Saturday, July 3, 2010

frogtopia


From what I hear, frogs have it pretty rough these days... with pollution killing them off and changing he frogs into she frogs, tragic encounters with tires on the moist, warm pavement after rain, etc. :(

I am happy though that we have been seeing so many around these parts.
We have a quite a frog population here in our yard... We seem to find frogs of all kinds throughout spring and summer. N always wants to touch. I know its not that good for a frog to be handled, but we are gentle and always try to just take a quick, closer look so as not to dry out their skin. :)

Here are a few we have been lucky to see and photograph right in our yard and gardens over the past few summers...







in one of our 2 frog ponds



(Statue of THE King of Frogtopia)


on the rose trellis


in one of our frog ponds


on the hose guard (one of my favorites)







they are amazing aren't they?



2 comments:

  1. certainly amazing! I used to bring all of the frogs I found in our neighborhood into our yard. I am not sure they appreciated it, but I always have aprreciated them. Such beautiful photos of Noah and the frogs. What a special place you call home.

    ReplyDelete