Friday, March 11, 2011

DRAWING CHALLENGE- BIRD

new and old birds...


What to do with wings.... 3/11/11







































tempera on cut cardboard (cheap fun) 3/11/11

 :)
                      
                                


autumn and winter feathers... 2010-2011







still working on deciphering woodpecker code... I think I'm close
3/11


the geese return!  3/11/11

owly sketch 


 an old roseate spoonbill painting '98


bluebird on Cape Cod


This was fun.  I am a huge bird fan.  Thank you Elisabeth for hosting the BIRD drawing challenge!  And Thank You Hanna for telling me about it.  :) Please see Elisabeth's blog for more drawings in the Bird drawing challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Wow. The paper wings are my favourites. And the emptiness in the papers you cut them from. Reversed wings. Very interesting thought. Inspiring!

    I'll post later today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post!
    I like that owl best
    one of my favourites which I haven't draw yet
    and the wings...
    love it all

    and me too, I am a huge bird fan too

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sweet (beekeeper! wow!), i'm loving your owl very much indeed. i have that thing with wings, sometimes... me, its angel wings. i love them, but i wouldn't actually know what to do with them... ah well.
    anyway, pleased to meet you.
    nadine♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed your post. I loved your wings, the process, the owl, the geese, woodpecker code. I love birds too. What's not to love about such an amazing species. I want to go to Cape Cod someday. I hear it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello,
    your wings are wonderful! isn't it interesting how we all treat the same word...so many underlying similarities - like Ariane's birds and yours. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    yes, your wings are beautiful - like them very much... and the blue feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous, those wings. i wish i could fly!
    and i need to re-read jonathan livingston. its been a long long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    Nice blog!!! I love the paper wings, the whole process, the blue feathers, the owl......oh my! I like everything!!!! :)
    Best
    Citlalli

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this post!! Love the feathers in the snow and the leaves too. I would love to live in a place where it snowed outside your door.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, jasmin (between my comments) is hosting "tail" for drawing-challenge on saturday, april 2.

    <3

    ReplyDelete