Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Nature walk - recommended often

Turkey tracks
Boy tracks


woodpecker !

hungry woodpecker at that...







melting pumpkin
I call this one 'hedgehog in snow'

   She was hidden in the woods.  I'm not ready to explain this sort of thing to our boy.  I was glad he didn't see.  He is so inquisitive and I am sure he would ask "why?",  just like we all do, even as adults.

I don't want to make up stories, I don't want him to be sad or confused or scared and at the same time I don't want to desensitize him...

Life is real, death is real and he is precious.

If you notice a child doing or saying something selfless and compassionate, please, please drop what you are doing and praise them for it.  Don't go crazy about it, just let them know that you notice and genuinely appreciate them.   The world needs it and it feels really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment